The mouse is essential hardware to ease out the work, without a mouse one cannot think of working fast and smoothly. People have two options available in the market to choose from a mouse, a wireless mouse, and a wired mouse. Most people face issues with the wireless mouse as it works with radiofrequency. In this article, we will discuss wireless mouse not working on Windows 10 issues which a user can face and the solution to those issues.
The user can face some of the problems with the wireless mouse. Here is the list of common errors faced by users.
- The cursor freezes on the screen during functioning
- Late response from the cursor
- Windows failed to detect wireless mouse
- Cursor not moving properly
- The mouse stopped working in Windows 10
These are some errors which a user can face, there can be many reasons behind these errors. It can be due to hardware damages, power loss issues, old sets of drivers, and operating system anomalies. Follow the methods below to solve the problem of a wireless mouse.
- Easy hacks to solve the issue
These easy hacks can easily solve the issue in just a few seconds. Try them first to solve.
- Change the port
The problem with the connection can be due to an error in the port. The user can choose to switch the port to check if it works.
- Check batteries
The wireless mouse needs some amount of power to connect and function properly, which is transferred through the batteries in the mouse. Check if the battery has enough power remaining, if not then replace and try again with the process.
- Hardware Damage
One of the possible reasons for connection failure can be hardware damage. Check if another device can connect or not if every device has the same issue then it might be hardware damage that needs to be replaced or repaired for connection.
- Damaged Mouse
The Mouse can be damaged which can create issues in connection. Check by connecting the mouse to another PC. if the mouse fails to connect to different devices then it may be damaged.
2. Disable the fast startup
The fast startup when enabled can be the reason for any errors which you encounter on your PC. it is recommended to disable it. Follow the steps below to disable the fast startup easily.
- Open the settings in Windows 10
- Click on the ‘System Section’ at the top
- Select the ‘Power and Sleep Segment’ and then select ‘Additional Power Settings’
- Now select the option ‘Choose What Power Buttons Do’
- Now choose the ‘Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable’
- Untick the option stating ‘Turn on fast startup(recommended)’
After these save changes and reboot the device.
3. Enable Mouse
The user needs to enable the settings to connect any hardware. If the hardware is not permitted to connect then you can encounter errors. Follow the steps below to enable a mouse for a hassle-free connection.
- Press Windows key + R key together to activate run utility.
- In the run utility search box, type ‘devmgmt.msc.’ this will lead you to the Device Manager of the PC.
- In the Device Manager select ‘Mice and other pointing devices’
- Click on the ‘HID-compliant mouse segment’ and check if it is disabled
- Press Shift + F10 or Fn +Shift +F10 to open its properties
- Select the ‘Enable device’ option in the properties
After the device is enabled, close the Device Manager and then check again to connect the mouse.
4. Reinstall the drivers
Having outdated drivers for the hardware can also create errors while connecting and it is always recommended to keep the driver up to date. Follow the steps to update the drivers manually.
- Press Windows key +X key, then select Device Manager to open it.
- Select ‘Mice and other pointing devices’ and then ‘Input Devices’
- By right-clicking on the option you will open a menu, select the ‘Update driver’ option
- Select the option ‘Browse my computer from driver software’
- Now select ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’
- Choose from the list and then click on ‘Next’
- Reboot the system to save changes
- After the system reboot, again follow the process till you reach the ‘Show compatible hardware’ option.
- Check the box and select the drivers
- After that press ‘Next’ and restart the system
After following the above steps you will update the drivers for the mouse. The problem may end after updating them.
5. Download Automatic Driver Updater
Updating the drivers manually can be very tough for some users and for them using software is best. Bit Driver Updater is our tried and tested software that keeps the driver updated. The smooth and easy interface is the main USP that is loved by users. We would recommend you to download the Bit Driver Updater and let it automatically scan and update drivers with just a click.
These are the few methods which a user can try to solve the issue of the wireless mouse not working on Windows 10.