If you are in the industry of digital marketing, then you are surely familiar with the term “SEO content writing.” Now, SEO and content writing are two very intrinsic and interrelated methods to give your website the boost that it needs and the traffic it can attract. Without SEO, the content will be lost among thousands of similar ones on the web. And without unique and compelling content, SEO is purposeless.
Now, when you are trying to get into the heart of the matter about what is SEO content writing and how to get it right, you are at the right place. Here, I am answering three basic questions related to this,
- What is SEO content writing?
- What are the types of SEO content?
- How to develop your strategy for SEO content?
Let’s get started with an insightful discussion.
What is SEO Content Writing?
There are two parts of this phrase, SEO and content. SEO or search engine optimization is a process that will help your website become visible on search engines like Google. And content is the information about your website and/or your brand that is live on the web and can be consumed on the web.
SEO content, simply put, is created to attract search engine traffic and it will ensure getting more visibility and a chance of conversion or sale. Now, how can you create the SEO content?
- Conducting Keyword Research: This is the best way to create content. First, you need to find out what your users are looking for on the internet and what keywords they are using. Now, you have to develop content keeping those keywords in focus.
- Keyword Optimization: This is another area any company offering SEO services stresses. Using the keywords in the content in the most searchable way is the only option to get maximum visibility.
- Content Organization and Promotion: Now, you have to keep the content posting in the most logical way so that it can serve the intention of your audience. And for promotion, you can post the content at various platforms as well as social media platforms so that it can get shared and become more visible if not viral.
What are the Types of SEO Content?
Now, there are several types of SEO Content that can be used for your promotion by any affordable SEO company you are hiring. Depending on the product as well as the audience base, you need to choose the content type you should go for.
- Product Page Content: For any ecommerce website, a good product page is like the Holy Grail. On one hand, it provides the right amount of information to the customers. On the other, a proper product page can be a great landing page too for SEO and PPC campaign.
- Blog Posts: Blogs are the most effective and easy way of achieving SEO goals. Blogs are informational, informal often, engaging, and more likely to get you authentic and potential leads for your business.
- Articles: Think of news articles. You can write the same thing for your website or brand as well. They need to be informative.
- Lists: On the internet, people tend to look for more things that are relevant than single things. That is why people go for “10 tips for effective SEO strategies” rather than going by a single strategy at a time.
- Videos: Currently, very popular, videos are compelling and more engaging than textual content. Also, there are fewer videos than textual content and as a result, if you are using video, it is more likely that you will rank higher on SERP than normal text.
- Infographics: Infographics are the large format images that are full of data and information in the most attractive and presentable way. Right now, there are many platforms for using images, like Instagram and Pinterest. Hence, these are more likely to get noticed.
These are the most basic types of SEO content that you can use for your business. But the list doesn’t end here as the possibilities are limitless.
How to Develop SEO Strategy for Content?
Now that you have a clear idea about what SEO content is and what type of SEO content you will be choosing, you need to find out how you can develop the right type of SEO strategy you can use for the content.
- Define Your Goal
Your marketing strategy should have a purpose. You are either writing content to promote it for getting more traffic, or you want your consumers to purchase from you. Or you are creating brand awareness and that is where the content is coming in the play. You can promote your product line and discount. Or you can offer manuals and guides for your service tool. But in any case, you need to define your goal first.
- Consider Your Audience
You surely have an idea about the target audience for your brand and product or service. For the SEO content, you need to consider this audience or their specific demands. You need to know about their search intents, the information they are looking for, the specific product that is more in demand with them, the one that is failing to attract any attention, and the type of content that is more suitable for them.
- Create Editorial Calendar
You cannot decide what to write for your audience when you wake up in the morning. You need to have a clear idea about what you are planning to write and you need to maintain an order while delivering and publishing those content. Also, your content needs to be relevant to the time it is published. Hence, you need to create an editorial calendar.
- Analyze and Reassess
Once you have published or posted your content, optimized it, and have given enough time for its visibility, you need to analyze the success and reassess in which areas you can improve. Also, you will know what worked in your favor this time and what you can use again.
So, now as you know about how you can get SEO content writing right, don’t waste time. Hire a company offering SEO and web copywriting services and discuss your plan with them.