The year 2020 has been the most unpredictable and tumultuous in the recent memory. The Covid-19 impact has been far more significant than what was anticipated at the beginning of the pandemic. Every business across industry, throughout the world has been severely hit. Many have fallen by the wayside and many are still coming to terms with the impact of the pandemic. However, for some industries the impact was less drastic, and the legal industry was one of them. In fact, many businesses thrived in the prevailing circumstances, such as pharmaceutical and information technology. Though the legal industry too, felt the pinch, it was to a much lesser extent. Marketing for law firms never actually stopped, with particular emphasis on Digital Marketing Strategy, and some areas of law even saw their business growing, for instance Insolvency and Bankruptcy, Mergers and Acquisition, etc.
What to Expect in the Year 2021
Now that year has come to an end, and as the whole world looks forward to a more stable year ahead, the legal industry too expects a revival in their business and life to come back to normal sooner than later. Law firms across the globe are gearing themselves up to face the new challenges and grab whatever opportunities that come their way in this new world order.
The legal profession has always been one of the most competitive in the world, but the year 2021 is going to be even tougher. Some fields of law may see a growth in cases, while in some other fields opportunities are going to be far less. Nevertheless, everyone is readying themselves with new strategies in Digital Marketing for Law Firms to garner as much business as possible.
Social Media Strategy
Social media platforms have seen exponential growth in their user base over the last few years with 2020 witnessing a phenomenal growth. The obvious reason being the continued lockdowns and the social distancing norms that forced people to stay indoors and communicate with friends and family through online media. With very little chance of life returning to normal anytime soon, the trend is going to continue for some time to come. In fact, the engagement and usage level is expected to grow at an even faster pace. We take a look at the two most popular social platforms that lawyers prefer as part of their Digital Marketing Strategy.
- Facebook:This is the most favoured platform for lawyers.It is likely that organic reach would decline, but lawyers should still post in it to reach out to those in their research phase. Facebook Ads should be an integral part of every firm’s digital marketing campaign. Though CPC is comparatively lower than Google Ads, it is definitely on the rise.
- Instagram: Law firms are perceived as brands, and Instagram could be an excellent platform to establish your authority and credibility by making organic posts on your law firms Instagram account.
Search Engine OptimizationTrends for 2021
SEO as we all know is critical to any digital marketing campaign; it helps your website rank higher in search engine results, and that is very crucial as it increases your online visibility. It’s a very powerful tool and law firms have always included it in their digital marketing campaigns. SEO is not a one-time investment but a continuous process. This year law firms are expected to invest even more time and money if they want to stay ahead of the competition. Investing in SEO as part of Online Marketing for Law Firms could give substantially higher Return on Investment as compared to previous years.
Content is crucial in SEO and law firms should chalk out a well-planned strategy for it to be successful. Your SEO strategy should primarily focus on four points
- Diversification: publish your content in different languages to expand your reach to an international audience. Publishing content in Spanish could attract a large Hispanic population in the US.
- Video Marketing: Video is a very powerful tool in any marketing campaign as it has the potential to attract a much larger audience than textual messages. So, include videos in your website and blogs.
- Podcast: Though many law firms are reluctant about it, it can actually prove to be a very powerful tool in clamping your authority and establishing your brand.
- Voice Search:Optimize your website with voice search. Voice assistants have been in vogue for the last few years and it is expected to get even more popular in 2021.
Google Ads for Law Firms in 2021
Google Ads has always been an essential ingredient in Internet Marketing for Law Firms. It has a proven record in increasing the client base for law firms. It is going to be indispensable in every law firm’s Digital Marketing Strategy even this year. In fact, it would be criminal for a law firm not to include Google Ads in their digital marketing campaign. It should include Google Search Network Ads and Google Display Network.