In the world of Wi-Fi and the internet; laptops and smartphones; Instagram and twitter the roadside hoardings seem to have been an out of fashion thing. There are many studies that have come to the conclusion that people spend most of their idle times on their phones. So why not grab the opportunity to take hold of the target audience on the same platform. This is what we refer to as digital marketing. The concept of Digital marketing is not limited to the giants, even the smallest of the business a rather have been taking advantage of the concept.
Small business means a tight budget. The focus lays on reaching the target audience within a minimum spend. So let’s see where should our focus be –
- Engage yourself with the client- If I require something as a customer and I am to select from 10 different sources, whom will I go with? The one who actually understands what I am looking for. That is what engaging yourself with the customer means. Get into the client’s shoes, there is no way in the world that the person is going somewhere else. Digital marketing gives you the maximum chance to engage with your clients.
- Make yourself discovered easily- When a company is promoting itself, the main focus lies on making yourself visible. Each one of us notices those shining hoardings near the traffic signals. Do they actually care about the lights falling on them? No! Because people stop them and they have a chance to make themselves visible to a maximum number of audiences. Digital marketing is no different. There are various sources where small businesses can make themselves visible. Most common and budget-friendly with the highest results are social media sites.
- Selling tactics They say it’s not what you sell but how you sell! Which actually is as true as it can be. A baker might have the best cakes in the town but if buyers don’t know you, all goes in vain! There are highly trained and experienced professionals who make your product look wonderful. “ If you are not good at doing something, hiring a professional is always a good thing to do.” No one can be perfect with everything. Digital marketing is a budget-friendly and platform to showcase your products are the best thing a small business requires. SEO is one such tool that stands for search engine optimization which gets you free traffic from natural and organic sources.
Digital marketing tactics
- Content- The content that you create for your business should be something that a common man can understand too. Let say you start your website development firm and your marketing content includes all those technical words which I as a client who is looking to get a website developed for my textile business will not know a word about.
- User friendly- The content, the website, the posts, or any other kind of content you want the audience to access should be user friendly. It should be optimized for smartphones and for laptops.
- Webinars- Gone are the days when a big conference hall, speakers, arrangements for food, and other expenses had to be handled to promote or launch a product. The online services have made this so easy and affordable that small businesses don’t have to worry at all now. Webinars have replaced seminars.
Digital marketing v/s Conventional marketing
Those were the days when the manor challenge for a small businessman was to promote his product. Setting up a business with his savings and bank loans was one task and then the next step was even difficult. For a newbie, knowing him and his products was something beyond his reach. Thanks to digital marketing, a tool that almost every small business can afford and moreover yields high-end results too. Let’s compare a few points as to which has an upper hand in which field
- The digital market is affordable and ideal for the tight budget businessman, whereas Conventional marketing requires more funds.
- Digital marketing targets the specific audience for a product whereas conventional marketing has no such targeting concept.
- Digital marketing tends to yield more results as compared to conventional marketing.
Sources of Digital marketing
- Youtube- This is something that has gained popularity within the last half a decade. More the followers on a video on youtube, more likely it is to be seen by even more number of people. This is a source that provides the businessman an opportunity to display themselves and their products to the world.
- Social networks- Various social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter have nowadays become a source of promoting your products through blogs, posts and feed have become a trend of the world. So, why not grab the opportunity and be a part of what’s trending and benefit from it to the fullest.
- Emails- Getting to know the target audience and their email ids is not a difficult task anymore. New and even old businesses tend to grab their target audience by sending them emails telling about their offers and the new product launches.
A recent research has revealed statistics that prove that even after such a boom in using online sources, the number of people is still increasing by 5% every 3 years Which actually proves to be a positive thing towards digital marketing. Marketing has always been about connecting with people and making a lifetime bond with the company. Digital marketing is just making it a lot easier.
There seem to be two types of digital marketing sources one being inbound and other being outbound. The latter focuses on reaching its target audience by various means and the previous one’s transfers or to other websites for promotion.
Digital or conventional, marketing has its own set of rules that needs to be followed. The basis remains the same no matter what type we are using, mere differences in the outlook make it a little easier and affordable than conventional marketing tactics. A blessing for small businessmen and something that will never fade away! DIGITAL MARKETING IT IS!